Monday, May 6, 2013

Sunshine Altered Notebook and Gift Basket

I have a dear friend who could use a little sunshine in her life right now.  My dear cousin Debbie did a gift basket for me when I needed some sunshine.  So now it's time to pay it forward.

I remember my taste buds were all messed up when I was in the hospital and for quite a bit afterwards.  Food just didn't taste right.  So in this sunshine basket, there are all things yellow, Candy, Candle, Cookies, Goldfish Crackers, Gum, Bubbles, Brightly colored Napkins and even Sunflower Seeds (for planting, not eating). Also this altered notebook for her to jot down just anything she feels like.  The yellow tub was a bargain purchase at Target for a mere $3.00.  I hope this makes her smile!

The notebook is just a standard composition book that I covered with paper from Michaels Recollections Line.  I printed the Sunshine Sentiment from a Pinterest site here.  The swirly's down the side are from a Sizzix die Loops and Ric rak.  The white background is cut from Spellbinders Die Fleur Di Lis Rectangles.

I had some gold ribbon that I glued down before gluing the patterned paper down.  This gives the book a nice finished look once tied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts???? I'd love to hear them!