Sunday, January 7, 2018

Clothes Make the Man Christmas Card

So, yeah, I've been missing and this is sooooo late but I promise I'll work on being more attentive to my blog!  

At the last Stamp Show I went to, I found the "perfect" stamp set to do my Christmas Cards and I really do love it.  This was last June-ish.  Now, I make 60+ cards each year to mail out.  The company I bought from said they had just placed a huge order for dies that they would soon be selling on their web site.  Great!  60 cards, no problem!  I'm not sure if the die deal went through or their web site is just difficult to navigate - but for the life of me, I could not find dies anywhere.  Now this may be operator error for me and I am in no way blaming anyone!  I was now on a cut it out by hand mission!  I started in September, and kept a "cut it" pack near me at all times.  In my spare time, I cut; on a road trip, I cut.  I don't mind cutting so my hands stayed busy - busy hands can't snack!  I figured the the die probably wouldn't cut everything the way I wanted so hand cutting was in the plan.




All paper was purchased at Hobby Lobby (on sale, of course).  The clothes were all stamped on cardstock and cut and pieced back together, felt like paper dolls lol.  The "fur" has Wink of Stella for shine and all the buttons and metal elements is done with a Signo Uniball Gold Pen.  The sentiment was printed using Magnolia Sky Font and another standard font (sorry I no longer have the file).  This card is 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 and I did not want to pay double postage on that size envelope so I went to Office Max and bought A9 Greeting Card Envelopes.  This size fits a 8 1/2 x 11 paper folded in half.  There was extra room, about 3 inches, but I did not hear of any problems going through the mail.

Thanks for taking a look.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts???? I'd love to hear them!