Monday, July 18, 2016

Box Birthday Card for my Bestie!

So for the first time, I believe, I had my best friends birthday card made up ahead of time!  Go me!  Did lots of stamping on this one. and tried out a new die as well.  I bought the Tim Holtz Celebration Words Thinlits Dies for both her and myself.  I had been on the lookout for these babies for a while but couldn't find them in the store.  Let's face it, purchasing items with a coupon is best, second best online.  Scrapbook.com had them.




The base of this card was made using The Stamps of Life Box Card Die and all the flowers were made with flowerpower2fill stamp set and Flower Power Dies.  It really go together fast with the stamps and matching dies.  My ink choices are from The Stamps of Life:  Guava, Tangerine, Sea Glass and Palette:  French Lilac, Raw Sienna and Cote D'Azure.  I really like a bold sentiment and the happy birthday was a tiny bit bigger than the card base, so I cut 2 of them, one with Sizzix Adhesive Sheet on the back.  When I placed it on the base I used the extra sentiment to cover the sticky on the back.  The tiny ladybug came from Gift Card Flip-its Set from The Stamps of Life.


I also find that when using this box card die, you really need to use a strong adhesive. 


Have a great day and keep on crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts???? I'd love to hear them!