Thursday, April 20, 2017

Mixing Old & New!

About a million years ago, you know, when I first started paper crafting, I bought my first Stampin Up Stamp Set.  It was a Birthday set that had all the pieces of a cupcake.  Thought I would be using it often, yeah, not so much...  Then there's the butterfly stamp I bought at a stamp store in Branson, MO at least 12 years ago from Holly Berry House.  

I finally bought the necessary paper to color with Copic markers, and stamped a bunch of images to practice with.  It also helped having just acquired a Stamp and Storage container to hold my Copies.  Just the push I needed to color!  Loved this little butterfly and needed a background.  I pulled out the "frosting" stamp from the Stamping Up Birthday Set and used Versamark and Zing White Embossing Powder to make resist clouds on white yardstick.  Then used two colors of blue ink to color the sky.

Hello 2017 and I'm looking for uses for the Simon Says Stamps Believe Dies and Stamps.  The cloudy sky made a pretty background for the popped up butterfly and Believe sentiment.  A bit of sparkle and shine (Crystal Stickles and Glossy Accents).  Note to self:  get the air bubbles out of stickles before it drys.

Here's two of the cards I made, one with stickles and one with glossy accents.  Enjoy!


Have a great day and keep crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts???? I'd love to hear them!