Tuesday, June 27, 2017

June Hero Arts Kit AND Yes, Color Of Pop Dots Matter

So the June My Monthly Hero Kit is Amazing!  Something I would never have picked out but absolutely love!  I have three daughters so everything I gravitate to is pink, flowery and glittery, so this challenged me.  

I stuck with Kraft card stock for four cards, but first used Bristol Smooth and three colors of Distress Ink - blended like butter on this card stock!  Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey was applied with a blending tool and I was able to continue moving it around for quite a bit.  Choosing which animals was hard because there were sooo many to choose from and in different sizes, but all were inked with Memento Tuxedo Black.  Here they are:
The kit came with some cork and I added a strip and buttons were from my stash.


The moon die cut is sprayed with Shimmer and Shine and raised with pop dots.

Loved that little Momma and Baby Elephant image!  The paper cord was from the kit and the little wooden heart was from my stash.  The tree is raised with pop dots. 

And finally, the brown shimmery paper was also included in the kit.

Now for those pop dots - I first found black pop dots at a Creative Keepsake Convention and it opened my eyes!  It really does make quite a difference when you are adhering black or dark color card stock as opposed to white or light color.  Here's a better look:

 Here is a photo of the black dots I used.
And there you have it.  Keep on crafting and have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts???? I'd love to hear them!