Monday, May 15, 2017

Mothers Day Card (A Day Late)

Yes, this is the day after Mothers Day!  My Mom sees this blog so I couldn't post earlier.  I always make my Mom a card and don't repeat it for anyone else, kind of like her, she's one of a kind!

Jennifer McGuire Ink has oodles of tutorials and I love watching them and use the stuff I already have.  Don't get me wrong, I do find myself adding to my wishlist some of the items she uses!  This card uses a few of her techniques - I encourage you to follow her on her blog, youtube, Pinterest and Instagram.  Those are the only social media feeds I use, so I'm not sure about others.  

On to the card.... I used a stamp set from Hampton Art, it's flowers but doesn't have a name, just a number SC078.  Stamped and embossed the images and used distress ink to color with blender.  I used Abandoned Coral and Wild Honey, then sprayed with water, lots of water and added a final spritz of shimmer and shine spray.  After it thoroughly dried I hand cut all the pieces and added pop dots to the pieces I chose to use.  For my "Non shaking" Shaker box, I used Hero Arts Infinity Dies in hearts to cut windows.  Instead of placing foam tape between the layers of acetate, I just smooshed them on top of each other - aka "non shaking".  The sequins still move, just not a lot.   The sequins are from Neat and Tangled, a free goodie that arrived with my order.  The sentiment is from Justrite Stamps, All in The Family, Large Sentiments.  Stamped with Versafine black and embossed with Zing clear embossing powder.  Inside the card, to cover the flowers and adhesive I glued more flowers, turned face down, so the inside flap is all white.  Tucked inside the card....a JoAnn's Gift card...she's a quilter :)
Hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts???? I'd love to hear them!