Monday, February 26, 2018

Cup of Cozy - Four Ways

Todays cards challenged me a bit.  I stepped outside my comfort zone to try something new.  We all fall into that "do what I do best" or "I've got a formula that I like".  This stamp set from Concord & 9th was a gift with purchase.  

First I stamped the mug from Cup of Cozy with versafine ink on to  Bristol Smooth cardstock.  Some time ago, I bit the bullet and bought the whole 96 set of Tombow Markers-time to color!  I watered those down by using a palette and water brush.  

This one has a background stamped with the coffee beans in AI's Hot Java Momma in Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink.  Then I used Stitched Rectangles from Stamps of Life for the dark brown and stamped the sentiment with Versa Mark ink and covered with Ranger Seafoam White embossing powder and heated.  Then I stamped the steam with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and swiped Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen for shine.  Finally I wrapped some crochet thread around the side and attached a button and tied a bow and added Glossy Accents to the liquid in the mug.

For this card I ran my Kraft paper through the Sizzix Big Shot in an Alterations embossing folder.  This time I inked the edges with the vintage photo distress oxide ink.  Stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on the cup with Ranger Gold Embossing Powder and added the tea bag.


The next two cards is when my comfort zone was challenged.  I used Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors on Strathmore Mixed Media, for the background.  I only used one color but I did add several coats after drying.  The steam was stamped with Fog ink from Stamps of Life and swiped with sparkle pen.  One has ribbon from Recollections Sheer Creations.

Have a great day and keep on crafting!

1 comment:

Your thoughts???? I'd love to hear them!