Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Camellia Build-A-Flower Birthday Card

Sometimes I pick up a product to play with and just struggle deciding how to use it.  Not the case today!  Youtube has wonderful videos and Jennifer McGuire Ink's Stamp Layering video inspired me.  Strongly suggest you check her out!!!  

Using Camellia Build-A-Flower Stamp and Die set (Altenew), on Neenah Classic Crest 110 lb card stock I stamped the flower with Tropical Raspberry (Ranger), Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide and Candied Apple Distress Oxide inks. Then stamping the leaves with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide, Green Leaf (Simon Says Stamps) and Moss (Hero Arts) ink.  Using my Mini Misti made stamping multiples super easy.  Next I die cut flowers and leaves with the corresponding dies in my Big Shot

Hobby Lobby recently had clearance dies and todays card uses one.  Decorative Curved Squares (Spellbinders) was easy to release from the die since I used a sheet of wax paper between the cardstock and die.  I then inked the edges and adhered to my base.  The flower was then raised with foam mounting tape and leaves tucked under.

Final touches include a Happy die cut and Birthday stamp from Happy Stamp and Cut (Hero Arts).  Versafine Black ink and Clear Embossing Powder helped the sentiment pop.  Multi Medium Matte adhesive works great for gluing those tiny bits down.  Finally, Sheer Creations ribbon (Michaels) is tied in a bow.  

Have a great day and keep on crafting!

1 comment:

Your thoughts???? I'd love to hear them!