Sunday, February 11, 2018

Starry Night Wedding Card Using My Monthly Hero Kits

Today's card is for a special wedding we went to last night - couldn't share until now.  The Bride chose a starry night theme so I mimicked her invitation.  Thanks to My Monthly Hero subscription, I did not have to buy anything new - just looked through previous kits.  Found what I needed in the August 2017 and January 2018 kits!

Starting with Neenah Solar White 110 lb Cardstock, I stamped swirling stars from the August 2017 My Monthly Hero Kit with Versa Mark Ink and sprinkled Ranger White Embossing Powder then used my Marvy Embossing Heat Tool.  Next, I applied Salty OceanBroken China and Faded Jeans Distress Ink, blending well.  To add shimmer I sprayed Sheer Shimmer Spritz.  Now for my favorite part - die cutting!  The Stamps of Life Stitched Rectangles die for the base, the & is from the January My Monthly Hero Kit and the mr and mrs is cut 3 times and stacked with Bold Alphabet from Altenew. Next I inked the edges of & with Tumbled Glass distress ink, the back ground with Black Soot distress oxide ink and outlined the mr and mrs with Gelly Roll Stardust Pen.

To pull it together, I mounted the background onto fun foam with Scor-Tape, adhered to card base, placed glued my elements in place and added star sequins that came in the August 2017 kit with Multi Matt Medium.  Inside I used a sentiment from Justrite Stamps - Elegant Celebrations.

Have a great day and keep crafting!
#mymonthlyhero #heroarts #altenew #distressinks #sizzix #boldalphabet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts???? I'd love to hear them!