Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Shake Shake Shake that Shaker Box

I'm really enjoying mixing up my stamps and dies from my stash!  Today's card uses products from many brands.
First comes the coloring - I stamped with donuts from Lawn Fawn Donut Worry Stamp Set using Versafine ink on to Bristol Smooth cardstock.  Then I used Tombow Markers to color my donuts adding a wet brush to smooth.  Since I didn't purchase the coordinating dies, I used what I had to cut them out.  EK Success 1 1/4 inch Punch cuts the donut perfectly, for the inside I used my Crop-A-Dile II and set the hole punch to 3/16.  Then I stamped the sprinkles with Hero Arts Passion flower Ink.  Setting those aside, I started stamping on Neenah Solar White 110lb cardstock, my background with Sprinkles Turnabout from Concord & 9th.  Ink colors are:  Hero Arts Bubble Gum, Memento Lulu Lavender, The Stamps of Life Pixie and Ranger Sea Shell Pink all in the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform.  Next I created a donut box by using my Sizzix Big Shot to die cut a "frame" by using Squares and Stitched Square dies from The Stamps of Life.  One look at the "donut box" and I thought - shaker box!  So I grabbed some transparencies and cut a 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 square and used Scor-Tape to adhere.  For lift, I used two layers of foam tape all along the edges.  I placed my donuts on a scrap piece of cardstock, glued them down and placed some sequins in my "box" and secured them with the donuts piece. Next I wrapped my donut box with bakers twine from my stash.  

To pull my card together I used Recollection from Michaels Cardstock for my base.  For my sentiment, I stamped with Versamark Ink and sprinkled Hero Arts Pink Prisma Embossing Powder (that came in My Monthly Hero kit) and heat embossed.  Using Hearts in a Row Vertical Die Set from My Favorite Things I die cut the sentiments and adhered them down.  Used Scor-Tape to really hold my Donut Box down and my Stardust Gelly Roll Pen to embellish the edges.

Have a great day and keep on crafting!

#heroarts #thestampsoflife #memento #cardmaking #mftstamps #concord&9 #sizzix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts???? I'd love to hear them!