Sunday, March 4, 2018

When In Doubt, Add More Flowers!

I love flowers!  Even more, I love crafting with flowers and flower images!  During the winter months, it makes me happy. Today I'm playing with the Hydrangea Blooms Stamp and Die Set from Simon Says Stamps.  Something about this group of flowers just spoke to me. After stamping several blooms and die cutting them, I started on my card.  One just seemed lacking - so I added two more blooms and wa-laaaa!

The flowers are stamped with Tide Pool and Aqua Inks from Hero Arts.  Leaves have rock and roll inking on them.  When I started to pull the card together, I reached for the Ornate Background stamp, VersaMark ink, Neenah Classic Crest 110 lb cardstock and silver embossing powder (Stampin Up).  Chipped Sapphire and Faded Jeans Distress Ink was blended over the embossed areas and ran through my Big Shot with Stitched Rectangle Dies (The Stamps of Life).   Hero arts has a Stamp and Cut called Ribbon Message that I love.  That's what I used for the sentiment and stamped with Tuxedo Black ink from Memento.   One Bloom and the sentiment ribbon are both raised with foam mounting tape, Crystal Stickles were added to flower centers and finally a Shimmer Pen (Spectrum Noir) added sparkle to the leaves.

Have a great day and keep on crafting!

4 comments:

  1. very striking . :) such lovely colour combination Great card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just awesome through and through!! And I totally agree with you, when in doubt, add more flowers. Your card is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I managed to add many flowers to most scrapbook pages! Thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts???? I'd love to hear them!