Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Watercolor with Tombow Markers Card

Hero Arts is one of my favorite companies, I love their products so much, I subscribe to My Monthly Hero Kits.  Todays card uses the February 2018 Kit.  To change it up a bit, I decided to use my Tombow Markers as watercolors.  


First up, you need to use watercolor paper, otherwise, you'll have a muddled mess with paper pilling up, that's been the case for me.  Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock is great and resists buckling when wet.  The February Kit has lots of birds and feathers, I chose feathers for the background.  Orange, gold, light brown and a bit of green color markers were scribbled directly onto the stamp.  Then I houghed (blew moistened breath on to the stamp) and stamped.  Not enough moisture, so I used my Water Brush Pen (Kuretake) to blend water on the cardstock and mix those colors around.  After that dried I scribbled a light blue marker on a palette and again used that water brush pen and lightly colored the rest of the background sky blue.  Following the same process as the leaves, I stamped a leafy branch and bird from the kit.  Using coordinating dies, I ran those through my Big Shot.  I used a stitched rectangle die from The Stamps of Life.  To get that 1/16 border of Kraft cardstock I used mini paper layer tool and my PenBlade.   Finally, I stamped the sentiment in Versa Mark ink and heat embossed Zing Glitter Gold embossing powder.  

Have a great day and keep crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts???? I'd love to hear them!