Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Masking Simple Images Into A Cluster Bouquet

The images are from Choose Joy (Simon Says Stamps).  I actually bought it because of the small plaid background and when I started to play I decided to use the small flowers and leaves to make a bouquet. 

First I used my Mini Misti to help line up the edges and used Cloud ink (Stamps of Life) to make my background.  Then using a roll of masking paper, I stamped the flowers and leaves, cut them out and began stamping using Tuxedo Black Ink (Memento).  Next, Copic coloring, I used RV02, RV04, RV06, YG07, G07, Y11, Y15 and Y17.  After the images were colored I used my favorite White Uniball Pen (Signo) for accents and a black metallic pen (Gelly Roll) for centers of flowers.  Here's where I messed up....I used a Tombow N95 for shadow and I didn't check it out on scrap paper first, that's why my shadow looks a little wonky.

To pull the card together, Stitched Rectangles (Stamps of Life) were used with my Big Shot (Sizzix) and I stamped the sentiment with Versafine and heat embossed Clear Embossing Powder (Ranger).  I love the look of a very close layer of paper and I've been using Mini Perfect Layers rulers to get a 1/16" border, however, I can't find them for sale anywhere, otherwise I would link them here.  Finally I added a swish of Clear Sparkle Pen (Spectrum Noir) on the pink flowers and leaves.

Hope you have a great day and keep crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts???? I'd love to hear them!