Saturday, March 17, 2018

Thermoweb Deco Foil Haul Clearance and My First Try

Thursday was a big day for me.  If you've read my profile, you'll see that I am a Heart Transplant Recipient times two!  Part of being a good steward of this most precious gift is taking care of my health, including daily medication, quarterly blood work and a yearly check up.  Thursday was the check up, and this year it was just a stress echo and an office visit.  Everything went well and my heart and health is good (Prayers of Thanks).  Six years ago, it didn't go well and the result was I needed another transplant....So these annual check ups run my nerves through the ringer.  What does this have to do with Deco Foil????  Since we were out of there quick, hubby and I ran some errands, including a stop at Hobby Lobby.  I've been watching YouTube Videos and really want to dip my toes in this shiny sparkly goodness.  Imagine my surprise when I saw all the Deco Foil on CLEARANCE!!!  I cleared the shelf, yep, proud of it too!  Bought the Adhesive Pen too with a 40% coupon also.
Ain't that so pretty?

Since I just received my March Monthly Hero Kit plus the Bold Graphic Confetti Die which was an add on - I was ready to play!!  So here's the card I came up with:
This month's kit is all about basics and I love those word stamps and dies.  The Bold Graphic Confetti Die has Spun Sugar Distress Stain over it and the words were stamped with Cloud Ink (Stamps of Life), corresponding dies were ran through the Big Shot (Sizzix) and then raised with foam tape.  Three layers of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb were cut with the hugs die.  A generous coat of Adhesive Pen (Deco Foil) coats one layer, 30 seconds later a piece of Rose Gold Deco Foil cut to fit was placed on top.  Inside a folded piece of parchment paper and through my laminator it went. I was doing my happy dance when I peeled the foil away!  I stacked those layers with Multi Matte Medium (Ranger) and adhered it to my card.  Gold and white bakers twine (Paper Studio) finished my card.  Now all I need/want is some Transfer Gel and Toner Sheets (Deco Foil)!  For now....

Have a great day and keep crafting!

3 comments:

  1. This is Karen Bull, a design team member from A Blog Named Hero. You have such great detail in this card. The shadow inking on the banners and I just love that pink you selected for the background. Thank you for playing along this month and you can find me on instagram @karenzbull

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, Thank you so much for your kind words! Following you on Instagram as @ukidz.

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love the colors! Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts???? I'd love to hear them!