Sunday, May 23, 2010

Layered Card

My Mom was given a huge bag of lace from another family member who knows my Mom sews.  Mom makes awesome doll clothes for all her grandkids and being the wonderful Mom that she is, she passed on the bag and said to pick some out! 

Soooooo I made some flowers by gathering one edge with a running stitch and then pulling tight.  A knot secures the flower.

In this layered card, I used some Hero Arts Stamps, a 1 1/4 circle punch, 2 sizes of the scalloped circle nestabilites, of course my favorite ink (colorbox chalk ink), cuttlebug embossing folders and stickles.  The little string bow was attached with diamond glaze.




1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous card!

    I have a favor or question to ask. What is a running stitch? Is this something you could demo on your blog?

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts???? I'd love to hear them!